I’ve been lucky enough to have been nominated for the Liebster Award twice by two wonderful bloggers, Jordyn from The Chronically Unimaginable and Little Tinkablee. Although the second award nomination reminded me that I’d forgotten to post about my previous award nomination from Jordyn on 24/06/2019. So sorry I didn’t get around to doing it until now. I had so much going on then that I was struggling with burnout.
The Award Rules
- Simply, give a shout-out to the blogger that nominated you for this award and make sure to link back to their blog.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Don’t forget to post the award on your blog.
- And, answer the fun questions set up by the blogger amazing enough to nominate you.
- After that, Nominate 11 amazing bloggers who you feel deserve this award and don’t forget to tag them to help spread the blogging love.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I love and eat way too much chocolate, but I don’t like drinking chocolate milkshakes.
- I met my first 3 real girlfriends wearing a full-length skirt at a nightclub (I’m a guy).
- I’ve never drunk tea or coffee.
- I can’t stand the taste of milk, but I love a good strawberry milkshake
- I’ve been arrested before.
- I seem to be incapable of picturing anything in my head for more than a few tenths of a second.
- My handwriting is so bad that I often can’t read what I’ve written.
- I hate talking on the phone.
- I was once made to stand facing the wall all day in my first year of primary school for selling my cheese sandwiches.
- I’m terrible at remembering people’s names. Weirdly, if I’ve added their name and number to my phone, then I’m far more likely to remember their name.
- I’ve paid more money for items just so they’re black, even for stuff like my electric toothbrush.
My 11 Questions From The Chronically Unimaginable
- Have you ever wanted to be famous for something other than writing? (i.e. sports)
Yeah, many different things: musician/singer, basketball player, football (soccer) player, scientist, charity worker, and for just generally doing good deeds.
- What is the naughtiest thing you did as a child? Do you regret it?
Stealing money off my mum. Do I regret it? I guess.
- Giant sloths or tiny walruses?
Hmmm, I guess tiny walruses so they could be easy to look after pets.
- What is one thing, besides blogging, that you are very passionate about?
Substance dependence. I really enjoy learning about substance dependence and trying to come up with ways to improve people’s recovery outcomes.
- Favourite type of weather?
Not too warm, not too cold, early spring and autumn type of weather.
- Do you think my dog is cute? (pic above for reference)
Your dog is very cute.
- What is the weirdest food combo that you like?
I don’t think I have any weird food combos.
- If you were paid $1,000 USD to go streak in the town centre, would you do it?
Erm, I would like to think I’d say no, but who knows until such a situation actually arises.
- Would you rather have extra toes or extra fingers?
How many extra toes or fingers are we talking about? Society doesn’t really like people that deviate from the norm like that. Thus, I’d probably go with an extra toe or two, just so I could hide them and avoid the anxiety it would cause to have too many extra fingers.
- What is the best place you have travelled to? If you cannot think of one, what place do you really want to go to?
Due to my persistent depression, I find it really hard to know if I’ve enjoyed anything or not. So picking from the places I’ve been is pretty impossible. But picking a place I wouldn’t mind going to is easier, I’d love to visit Japan.
- Would you rather meet your favourite author or a famous person from history?
I don’t have a favourite author due to rarely ever reading fiction because of my dyslexia. So, I guess that leaves me with meeting someone famous from history, but the problem is. I guess it would be cool to meet Bob Marley. At least I wouldn’t be disappointed to find out he hates people who aren’t white, which might be the case with any other famous historical figure I’m familiar with.
My 11 Questions From Little Tinkablee
- Do you chew your pens/pencils?
No, but I use to sometimes when I was at school.
- What is your song of the week?
- What was your favourite childhood cartoon?
- What is your Chinese astrological sign?
Not something I’ve ever thought about because I don’t believe in those kinds of things. But I’ll google it for you: Rooster.
- Have you ever been to a concert?
Indeed, I have.
- What was your first-ever concert?
My first concert was Big Day Out which was a one-day festival organised by Metallica. Although, if you want it to be a proper concert, then that would be Fear Factory.
- Are you named after anyone? (Example, family member, celebrity, Place).
From what I remember, my nana picked my name after seeing my name in the closing credits of a film/show she’d watched. Does that count?
- What was your favourite school subject?
I used to love Maths when I was at school. Now I prefer the natural and social sciences.
- What is one hobby you would like to take?
I’d love to learn some professional dancing like swing dance.
- Do you have any irrational fears?
I guess my fear of losing bladder/bowel control that underpins my anxiety disorders would count. It’s never actually happened to me, but I heard a lot of stories about it happening to other people when they were wasted. I heard these stories not long before I had my first drug-induced psychotic break, which gave me my anxiety disorders. It was that psychotic break and my break from reality that led to those stories becoming the bedrock of my anxiety disorders.
- What are you looking forward to this year?
Hopefully getting some answers for my balance and dizziness issues so that I can start to go to the gym again. Because when I try to exercise, I feel incredibly ill and become so weak that I lose the ability to move, due to the balance and dizziness issues I have. After my balance tests, they should be medication options made available to me that should stop these issues from affecting me.
My 11 Questions For My Nominees
Would you rather never hear music again or lose the ability to read, and why?
Would you rather create something that will change the course of human history, but no one will no you did it, or would you rather be famous and known by everyone, but for accomplishing nothing like a reality TV star?
Would you rather be infamous or unknown?
What is your favourite film that you’d recommend to others to watch?
Would you rather live in a world where the flat earthers were right or the hollow earthers were right?
If you could have any pet you wanted, what would it be?
If you only had a choice of 5 pizza toppings, what would your 5 toppings be?
Who would you like to haunt if you became a ghost?
Shower or bath?
Which would you prefer, fingers for toes or toes for fingers?
If you could do any one thing, with no repercussions, what would you do?
My 11 Award Nominees
The Dead Books – Delta Eliana Ariana Deathstorm
Mind And Love – Roger Petersen
Meditative Owl – Naomi
Treat Yo Brain – Mo
Wellbeanblog – Hannah
Dad’s Delicious Dinners – Ian
theMINDBERG – Spence
Just Call Me Jess – Jess
Manic Grant – Nick Grant
Girly Gabble – Lozza
As always, leave your feedback in the comments section below. Also, feel free to talk about the awards you’ve won or been nominated for in the comments section below as well. If you want to stay up-to-date with my blog, then sign up for my newsletter below. Alternatively, get push notifications for new articles by clicking the red bell icon in the bottom right corner.
Lastly, if you’d like to support my blog, then you can make a donation of any size below as well. Until next time,
Unwanted Life readers.